Monday, October 10, 2011


Tuesday evening finds me in Lexington, KY. Whenever I set out on trips such as this I am reminded once again what an extremely large country is our United States. A longer day but not much more mileage, 484 miles, due to my stopping in a few places for photos, and to set up the video cameras for video footage. Once again a gorgeous day with the top again down most of the day.




This little red roadster is such a fantastic experience. With so little metal encompassing one, not only is ample sunshine admitted, but also the scents from fields and forests, smoke from smoldering leaf fires, and even the occasional bakery bread, all quite delightful. Unlike normal convertible-top automobiles, this little sports car has a suspension designed to take corners. The result is not a particularly smooth 

ride. But it does remind one that this is no ordinary passenger car, and demands your full attention. The steering is exceptionally responsive, crisp and tight. It is a dream on tight curves and corners and it has not failed to track exactly as I intended in turns, no matter how tight. And also unlike ordinary cars it does not seem to lean to the outside of the turn, at least not that I can ascertain.
 
















Leaving the Interstates behind in Kentucky I found US 62 to be very scenic with many hills and curves to please the Miata. I stumbled across an Archabbey and Seminary at Saint Meinrad. It is quite large.

By tomorrow evening I hope to be through West Virginia and at least approaching my starting point for the Blue Ridge Parkway at Front Royal in Virginia.

1 comment:

  1. What a great time you're having! Great fun to read about it - thanks -

    ReplyDelete